Saturday, July 10, 2021

BOOK REVIEW: OUR ICEBERG IS MELTING

 One of the early books on managing change that struck chord with me was a classic 'Who moved my cheese?' The book dealt with crucial topics such as dealing with change emotionally, methodically, about anticipating change, about not missing signals that our environment is giving us.

While "Who moved my cheese?" aptly dealt with the topic of personal change, I recently re-read a book that deals with broader subject of organizational/social change. This book name 'Our Iceberg is melting'. (OIIM)

If you have read Panchatantra (ancient Indian collection of interrelated animal fables), you will find OIIM relatable. The story revolves around a penguin colony. The penguins are living happily on their iceberg as they have done for many years. Then one curious penguin discovers a potentially devastating problem threatening their home – and pretty much no one listens to him.

The story picks from this plot and leads to timeless lessons on dealing with and leading change. Highly relevant for today's times when it's not just about change but the rate of change in organizations is simply unprecedented and it's only going to get swifter, more complex in the time to come.

Catch the summary of key lessons in my sketchnote.
Thanks Tathagat Varma for the book.

My Sketchnote:

My LinkedIn Post:

No comments: