Friday, September 25, 2020

GETTING THROUGH YOUR LOWEST POINT

 

It's a bonanza time for Cricket fans as the Indian Premier League commenced last week. It is a welcome change as people can now track a real sporting scorecard rather than the ongoing pandemic analytics.


One of the closest & strangest games happened between KXIP & DC. Closest, as the game went into a rare super-over. Strangest, as KXIP couldn't close the game with 1 run needed off last 3 balls & the match's top scorer at crease. DC team showed a tremendous survival skills to be back from a certain defeat to emerge victorious.

Like in sports, low points are a commonplace in life too. Is there a playbook that exists that can help us deal with low points the way team DC did ?

Not really a playbook, but i quite liked the thoughts shared by one of the most affable sharks & entrepreneur Mark Cuban in a feature https://cnb.cx/2ErpSDk
Catch the summary of key ideas in my sketchnote. I do want to quote the article:

“(Cuban was good at) tech,selling, working longer hours than everybody else but more importantly, “I was even better at enjoying what I was doing,” he said. “I just kept on reminding myself to enjoy.”

Quite profoundly, learning to enjoy your struggles is so fundamental to finding the exit path sooner.

What you do think ?

Sketchnote:


My LinkedIn post:


No comments: