Monday, February 4, 2019

One Minute Blog: Runs End, Running Doesn't


completed Singapore full Marathon on 9th-December. This was my 17th-full marathon+ distance overall. It was a great run, unforgiving weather (hot and humid) till it rained a bit at fag end around 41 km mark.
It is often said that:
"Runs end, Running doesn't".
Each marathon teaches you something and reaching finish line tends to make you better than when one started the run.

Following are usually the phases one goes through while going through the full marathon-

0 km: I know I can do it.
14 km: It's getting painful. Did I make the right choice choosing to do it?
30 km: Why the hell did I start? Is it really worth it?
35 km: I am close to giving up.
40 km: I think I can push a little.
42.195 km: Never experienced a high like this.

Does this cycle sounds familiar with anything insurmountable that was ever attempted?

Oprah Winfrey was bang on target when she said-
"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it."


No comments: