This is meant to be just a fun post. If you are able to figure out any inferences (good or bad), i leave that entirely upto your own Interpretation.
I have included the Twitter bios of some of the people who are making some meaningful contributions to Software testing (except may be the last one in this list :-)). I am no authority to come up with the list of accomplished Software testers, so if you are reading and your name does not appear in the below list, Please feel free to think that i am at fault here.
Here we go, some Twitter Bios:
James Bach: @jamesmarcusbach
Author of Secrets of a Buccaneer-Scholar, high school dropout, unschooling parent, philosopher, neo-pyrrhonian skeptic, software tester
Arunkumar Khannur: @arun_khannur
Arunkumar Khannur, with 23+ years of IT career, is a Leading Advisor, Author, Speaker and Senior Faculty on Software Testing.
Praveen Singh: @vpsingh
Author'Real Startups' http://amzn.to/gqlImq Entrepreneur, Web Enthusiast, Blogger. Founder/CEO of 99tests.com
Michael Bolton: @michaelbolton
I solve testing problems that other people can't solve, and I teach people how they can do it too.
Ajay Balamurugadas: @ajay184f
Software tester passionate to learn to test any software
Jerry Weinberg: @JerryWeinberg
Author of more than 60 books, fiction & non-fiction, Consultant, Teacher
Shrini Kulkarni: @ShriniK
Software Testing Generalist, Systems thinker, Skeptic
Rahul Verma: @rahul_verma
Software Tester, Blogger, Python Enthusiast with special interest in performance testing, security testing and design of test automation frameworks
Vipul Kocher: @vipulkocher
Bhartiya, entrepreneur, Software Tester. Books, History, Movie, Food, ~Lover - TOO MANY INTERESTS, TOO FEW SKILLS
Narayan Raman: @narayanraman
Programmer, Wildlifer, Entrepreneur, CEO - Tyto Software, Author of Sahi (http://sahi.co.in)
Parimala Shankaraiah: @curioustester
Testing Junkie, Wife of a 30 yo kid, Mother of 3 yo kid, loves to read, enjoys long walks, foodie and a horrible cook!
Santosh Tuppad: @santhoshst
Passionate tester, blogger, testing enthusiast, friendly & fun loving. Director at Moolya Software Testing Private Limited.
Pradeep Soundararajan: @testertested
Known for creativity & moving software testing forward in India. Author Speaker Coach Consultant Director @ Moolya Software Testing Pvt Ltd http://moolya.com
Anuj Magazine: @anujmagazine
Passionate about Software Testing,ReadnWrite,Graphology,Running….Lives by- Life is beautiful because you can always do something that you have never done before
To me Twitter bio or any other bio for that matter is the manner in which the people want the public to view them. Sometimes, there is an intersection between how you view yourselves as against how you want the world to view you but such an intersection is rare. There is always some good deal of difference between the way the world views you as against who you really are. But lets forget this for sometime and go on and read the inferences i draw from all the above bios.
- For most of these people, they take pride in associating themselves to testing.
- Not for all though, the Testing is not the central theme of their bio as the word "Testing" does not appear in everyone's bio.
- For only a handful, the Years of experience in their respective field is important enough to deserve a mention in the bio.
- Most of these folks have multiple interests i.e. some prominent interests beyond Software Testing.
- For some, they associate themselves with an important event in their lives.
- Very few of these bios make a mention of their personal life in the bio. Most are inclined towards their professional achievements.
- Most of people like to highlight atleast one Achievement that differentiates them or makes them unique.
- Only a very few bios have some sort of numbers in their Bio. precisely, Years of experience, No. of books published and Age.
- While most indicated that they Love testing, very few were clear in their Bio on what type of testing they are keen on.
If you can think of any more inferences from these bios, Please add it to comments. Would love to hear your views.